My Health Tracker

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Change

Well, well, well, where to begin? A lot of changes have happened, are happening since my last post. I guess I'll get the big stuff out of the way first. As most of you know,I got a job with Ephraim Police and I love it! I started the first of December and it has been an amazing job. The people I work with are great and are teaching me a lot of good stuff. I have already started going out on my own and now, all's I do is call my sgt or chief if something big comes up.
Also, Kat and I were married Dec. 18th for time and all eternity in the Boston Temple! It was a great experience, and highly recomendable to anyone not married in the Temple. We spent the week before that flying out to Kat's parents house and getting everything ready for the big day. During the week, I got allergies, and every day it got worse and worse. I NEVER get allergies so I had no idea what it would be. My sister in law figured it out...it was the laundry detergant my inlaws use. It's so bad that when they came out to Utah, whenever I was around them, my allergies would act up again. Aside from that, everything went great! I have some great in-law's and if anyone needs a wedding planner, my sister in law is the best! The wedding was unlike anything I have ever seen but it was great! (Apparently, us Utah Mormons do wedding receptions a lot different than everybody else)I really enjoyed it though, and the decorations were amazing.
The week was a great one, and then we had to come home early monday morning so I could get to work on Tuesday. Like I said before, work is great and I thoroghly enjoy it. They let me stay home most of Christmas night, while I was on duty. They had me go out for a half hour, then come home for two, then out for a half, then come home for two, etc. It was really nice. On Christmas eve, Kat also made an amazing Christmas eve dinner consisting of a honey baked ham, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, and boston creame pie!
Kat's parents flew in Sunday night and on Monday we went up north and got new furniture with our wedding money. We got couches and a tv/tv stand, a bed frame and a book shelf and for our wedding present Kat's parents bought us a dining set. The bed frame, dining set, and book shelf, won't come in until thursday but it sure is nice to have couches to sit down on. We then made it to Rose's house for the annual Bartholomew Christmas party. It was great to see the whole family for the second time in less than a month. I love my family! both sides!
We had the Fayette reception the next day but before that Kat and I and Kat's parents went to the temple for a session. Kat's parents had never been to the Manti temple before and they loved it. It was a great session and as we were waiting for the session to start, Elder Bednar walked in! It was amazing! Not too many people can say they did a session with an apostle to the Lord, and I sat right behind him!
Wednesday it was back to work for me. While at work, Kat and her parents went to work in the house, getting things organized, and putting up pictures, and now our apartment looks great! I sometimes wish we already had a house so we wouldn't have to do it all over again because it looks so good.
Kat's parents went home the next day and I've worked every day since then till today, when i got up at 6 for work, I noticed I had a voicemail from my seargent who told me he messed the schedule up and I had worked too much this week so I have a four day weekend, work one day, and then have another 3 day weekend. I am excited for this.

Now for the pictures and blog updates. As you may have noticed, my lovely wife spiced up my blog look. We don't have internet at the house yet so we haven't been able to post pictures of the wedding or of the appartment, I know, many of you are excited to see them, almost as excited as Kat is to post them! We will have them up soon, but not on the blog. After reading my friend, Juan's blog, I decided to change my blogging style. He had a school assignment to start and keep up a blog, but he had no pictures on it. I really actually enjoy reading his blog a lot and he has inspired me to write a lot more than post pictures, seeing how most everybody who reads this will also have facebook and see all of my pictures there anyways. So for now I think i will just write and express whatever my mind is thinking at the time I blog, but will also try to write at least once a week. It is kind of like a journal/newspaper column and it looks like a lot of fun. Kat will be making her own blog very soon with pictures and things, maybe even tonight. However, it is getting late, so this is all I will right for now.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

You said Amazing a lot in that post. Are you sure Kat didn't write that for you? :)

Rose said...

Nice update!

Andy Bartholomew said...

Nope, sorry Tracie, It was all me, Kat has her own blog now, andyandkatbartholomew.blogspot.com