My Health Tracker

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Changes

So I decided that after reading my wife's and my sister Rose's blogs, I should start blogging again and catching up on life. There have been a lot of changes that have happened or are going to happen soon:

- We moved (again)
- I'm going to be a Daddy!
- I switched majors (again)
- I have a great new friend

Last September, Kat started getting pretty emotional. We decided to take a test and "Surprise!" Kat's pregnant! We decided to keep it a secret to everyone but our parents and tell everyone on Thanksgiving weekend. It was really hard to keep it a secret for so long but we prevailed. I am so excited to be a dad, I have always been really good with kids and they seem to naturally gravitate towards me. In January we found out that we are going to have a boy! I am very excited to take him fishing, watch him play sports, and maybe even coach some.

The fall semester for me was really hard. After taking Calc 2, Physics for scientists and Engineers, and a few other Engineering classes, I was worn out and barley survived with passing grades. I decided to look at other options and found out that by switching to a Business degree, I can graduate in 4, not 7 semesters. The classes would be a lot easier too. I never thought I would go the business route, it has never appealed to me; but something pulled me along that way and I have found a degree that I think I will be happy in, MIS. It took a few weeks into this semester to decide that this is what I wanted to do, but it takes in some of the engineering background I already have, and applies it to a business aspect. I get to work with computers, which I have come to realize I enjoy doing, and am enjoying all of my classes, which are ten times easier now too. I will also be receiving the same pay as I would as an engineer. I have three semesters left after this one and I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

At the end of November of last year, we received a note from our apartment managers telling us that our lease is up and to renew our lease, they were going to charge us $50 extra a month. We didn't like the sound of that, especially with a baby on the way, so we started searching for other places. Kat found us a great apartment that gave us an extra bedroom and charged us $100 less. We moved in at the first of the year and got settled in. At church a man introduced me as my downstairs neighbor and wanted to make sure we didn't hear his kids. I told him that we couldn't hear anyone but our upstairs neighbors who make a lot of noise. I forgot his name and didn't hear much from him for a while. (I know, I am a bad neighbor, I am very introverted). A few weeks later as we were leaving for church, they came out at the same time and invited us for dinner that day. We excepted, eager to meet new friends and meet them we did. The fun part of this story is their last name is Friend. Ben and I have a LOT in common. Actually, I don't think I have ever met anyone who has more in common than he and I. We both love college football and fishing, both love Mt. Dew and breakfast burritos, and get along great. Ben has turned out to be an excellent friend and is always willing to let me tag along with him fishing. This last spring break we went fishing every single day. It was a lot of fun. The Friends have also helped us with a lot of good programs and helped us get ready for baby.

Changes are happening more and more it seems, so I'm going to try and update my blog at least once a week.

1 comment:

Rose said...

You keep updating, and I will keep updating. I will be caught up someday.