My Health Tracker

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Letter to Ephraim City

Dear Ephraim City,

I was talking to my bishop the other day and he thought I should write this letter to you and thank you for letting me go. I truly would have never received so many blessings if it hadn't had been so. Since you have let me go, I enrolled into Snow College and decided to go into Engineering. I love my classes! They keep me so entertained and although I am very busy right now, I can see now that this is where I should have been in the first place.

I have been able to get a job, and although the pay is less than half of what you paid me, I am much happier. This new job allows me to go to church every Sunday and participate in ward activities. This job has allowed me to do service to the community and affect the lives of teenage girls who are trying to figure out where to go in life. Most of all, this job does not get me up in the middle of the night after I have been off shift and it doesn't stress my wife out, making her much happier.

Even though my pay is not good here, We have been able to live better than what we did when I was working for you. We are saving money now rather than living paycheck by paycheck. I was able to receive a very generous grant from the government for my studies, and we have been able to pocket all of it because the Army pays for my tuition. My new job also allows me to study 4 out of the 8 hours that I'm working on most days, and they changed their shifts around just so I could keep working there and go to school at the same time.

I must also thank you for bringing me down to Ephraim. Although I am not particularly fond of Ephraim, I love being back in a small town atmosphere. I have been able to do missionary work here, which is my love of life, besides my wife of course. My wife has been called as Relief Society President here in the college married ward. She loves this calling and is very busy and probably wouldn't have been able to have this experience had we not moved down here. The school here is just right and the teachers here are awesome!

Anyways, I will end my letter now. Just know that we are doing very good now and Thanks once again.
Best regards,
Andy Bartholomew